Especially since calcium phosphorus and vitamin D in excess of a dogs capacity to use them can be adversely affected. Consuming a human vitamin can give your dog an excess of that vitamin which may not be good for the dog. Vitamin D poisoning causes a dogs calcium and phosphorous levels to rise.
A common source of vitamin D poisoning is when a dog accidentally ingests rodenticides containing vitamin D. He ate this about 3 hours ago he is a little hyper but. Overdosing with D can cause major problems on the heart lungs and blood vessels too.
The main symptom is stiffness. It can also occur if a dog accidentally gets into vitamin D supplements that a person in the household is taking. She is currently vomiting.
This can cause issues with the kidney heart gastrointestinal system or problems with the central nervous system. If your dog happens to swallow a mango pit there is a chance that it could pass through his body without difficulty. When zinc pills enter the stomach they begin to.
If left untreated acute renal failure can develop which leads to comma and death. What Do I Do. Vitamin D poisoning occurs when a dog ingests a toxic dose of vitamin D.
I think my dog ate a multivitamin that my daughter had dropped on the floor. However your dog did eat an enormous amount of Vitamin E and this is not a water soluble vitamin meaning it cannot be easily diuresed out. Affected dogs often lose their appetites and begin to drink excessively.
I saw a question when searching where a 25 lb dog ate childrens vitamins and the vet asked if there was niacin in the vitamin there wasnt in that case he also suggested to induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide and give plain yogurt for diarrhea.